In Greek mythology, Iris was the goddess of the rainbow, a messenger for Zeus and Hera who rode the rainbow as a multicolored bridge from heaven to earth. In ancient times, the Iris was considered a symbol of power and majesty, the three petal segments representing faith, wisdom and valor.
May I be like the Iris, representing faith, wisdom and valor. When the time comes I will ride the rainbow bridge from earth to heaven bringing messages to loved ones. May that time be long in coming.
I am Here. I am Loved. I Love others with my whole heart.
My goals for 2015 were: The Percent of achievement are in brackets)
- A Positive Mental Attitude (99% )
- Listen to my body: Pace myself in all I do (85%)
- Exercise in moderation (walk dog)
- Make intelligent choices in my diet (90%)
- Make informed decisions (95%)
- Improve my genealogy skills (95%)
- Accept what I cannot change with grace (95%)
- Spend more time with family (95%)
- Encourage and support my family and friends in their choices (99%)
- Most of all Enjoy every moment life has to offer (99%)
I’m human, not perfect. I continue to strive to reach those ideals daily.
Happy, Healthy New Year to all my family and friends!
Remember to enjoy every moment of each day.
Ninja Buddy and I greet the New Year with a walk on a mild 36 degree morning with a light wind and cloudy skies. The snow covered ground reminds us it is winter after the above normal temperatures in December.
Only one goal for 2016:
Take each day as it comes with as much love and gusto that life offers.
Hugs and love.